Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just Beachy

Beach cupcakes. Perfect for December, right?



Who doesn't love the beach? And being from Ohio, where it's awfully cold 75% of the year, the beach is one of my favorite things. And of course, it's also one of Junes. (My sister Stephanie's dog, pictured above).

So, for my mom's class of about 20 third graders, I decided to make them all cupcakes to bring them a little bit of sunshine for when it's 10 degrees outside.

I started with funfetti cupcakes, because come on, what third grader doesn't love sprinkles? Using a slightly thin vanilla buttercream icing, tinted blue, I frosted the cupcakes (which yes, do not have wrappers because I ran out...whoops!!)
The sand is made from teddy grahams crushed in a plastic bag and sprinkled into the bottom half of the blue frosting. Make sure to sprinkle the graham crackers right after frosting the cupcakes so that it sticks to the cupcake and doesn't brush off too easily. Add a lifesaver and a few teddy grahams and you're finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment