Monday, January 10, 2011

Kay-Dee Lady...bugs

Thanks to my amazing sorority Big and Trittle, I got this adorable lady bug pan for Christmas last year. Lady bugs are one of Kappa Delta's symbols and since green and white are our colors I decided to make the KD girls a green ladybug cake when we came back from Christmas break last year.
The cake comes out in the lady bug shape with slight indentations where the markings are to be and then you can pipe over the outlines and carefully frost the rest of the cake accordingly. A lot of times it would be hard to see where things were supposed to be and I had to improvise a bit.
There were also places in the cake stuck to the pan a bit (apparently I didn't flour the pan enough) and I had to rebuild the ladybug a bit, causing the frosting to look a bit rough in areas. The pan shows that it can also be used to make a pink "love bug" for Valentines Day or to make a yellow and white honeybee. I'll have to experiment next time I use the pan and see what all I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment