Thursday, March 17, 2011

Again, Happy St. Patty's Day!

And here are the cupcakes that I made for mom's third grade class.

The cupcakes are a white cake mix.
That you add water, oil, and eggs to.
That naturally, I dyed green.
I used an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners.


A heaping scoop and then I went back and added a half a scoop more. I like big cupcakes!
I figured the third graders would love the crazy green cupcakes.

The frosting I also tinted green.
I frosted the cupcakes with a pretty big dollop of frosting that I smoothed out into a circle.
The sides were edged in a green sanding sugar.







The circles weren't quite perfect, and I thought about trying to sprinkle the sugar around a cookie-cutter but then I realized the third graders really wouldn't notice.

And then using the remaining white frosting I piped on white shamrocks.


Once again, it's really just three messy hearts colored in with a stem.



Happy St. Patty's day!

3 comments:

  1. Love ze cupcakes and the new pink interface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the kids loved them....they look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete