Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
In honor of St. Patrick's Day here are the cupcakes I made for our Kappa Delta Shamrock bake sale a few days back.
The cupcakes were a golden butter cake (you use butter instead of oil--5 1/3 cup of butter instead of 1/3 cup oil).
I love how cupcakes look when they're baking.
And how they smell when they're first done. YUM.

I painted stripes of green food coloring in the plastic piping bag to create a stripped look in the frosting.


And then piped the frosting on top of the cupcakes with a swirl tip.



Unfortunately the tip is too small so it took a lot to pile up the frosting, creating a weird triangle shape, but I went with it.


For the toppers, I used the white M&M's that I drew shamrocks on with an edible fabric marker.

A shamrock is really just three hearts and a stem that I colored in.

And how cute are these wilton cupcake boxes I used? I'd like to try to ship cupcakes in one of these boxes... I wonder if they would turn out.



So anyways, you just place the M&M on top of the frosting and they're done! :) How easy is that?



I think they look like that swirled ice cream you can get. (Yum!!)


And then you can put them in these boxes and they are perfectly set for a bake sale. Or just to look cute on your table, either way.

3 comments:

  1. Love these...where do you get white m and m's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a box of just white M&M's in Walmart's candy aisle. It was with the expensive chocolates. They had boxes of the separate colors for sale.

    ReplyDelete