Thursday, September 29, 2011

Homemade Hershey Kiss Sayings

For Will and I's one year anniversary (sorry, these are old posts I'm catching up on!) I decided to make my own Hershey kiss sayings with reasons why I love him and "I love you" in different languages.
It was an easy gift while still being very personal and heartfelt.
First, I printed out some sweet sayings. Now I decided to repeat each one multiple times with a heart in between so that I could decide after printing them how long to make each strip. I used an actual Hershey kiss wrapper as a template.
I cut the strips in the same length and width as the actual Hershey kiss one so that it would look like an actual wrapper. (Even though the paper looks a bit weird since the sayings are usually so thin).
And then very carefully, unwrap the Hershey kiss.
Make sure you don't tear the foil and gently disassemble the kiss, taking out the "KISSES" strip.
Place the printed sayings on the bottom of the foil and gently set the kiss on top of it.
Fold the foil up around the saying, carefully tucking the foil and swirling it a bit to cover the entire kiss.
 Make sure you've printed enough so that it will reach the outside of the foil and hang out of the top a bit.
The paper is much thicker than the original wrappers, so you may want to bend the strip a little bit and curve it over with your fingers to get a more natural shape.
And there you have it! Super easy.
Just throw away the actual sayings wrappers and no one will even notice right away that they're any different.
Now, I decided to put them in this lady bug "love bug" dish (kind of an inside joke between us). I decided to first trace the bottom of the dish onto plain white paper.
And I cut out a circle slightly smaller than what I traced to leave a "secret note" in the bottom of the dish so that after he ate the kisses he would find and read it.
So I wrote a little note to him...
...and placed it in the bottom of the dish.
Like so.
And then filled it full of kisses!
A super sweet, and more importantly, super easy gift!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A CUTE IDEA, IS THIS THE CLEVER GIRL I KNOW, DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG GRAM C

    ReplyDelete