Monday, February 27, 2012

Peanut Blossom Cookies

 One of my all time favorite cookies are peanut blossoms. (Especially pink peanut blossoms!)
 I can't wait to make some using those Dove chocolate hearts, I saw some on Pinterest and they were really cute.

 Here is the old tried and true recipe from my mother.
 Usually I'll melt the butter so that the brown sugar dissolves nicely into the melted butter and there aren't any big lumps, but I decided to beat the butter and peanut butter together like you're supposed to to see if it made a difference.
 Everyone raved about them, but I would have to see the difference by eating two side by side to really tell if beating the butter makes a difference or not.
 I used a few drops of red food coloring and plain white sugar to roll the balls in.
 Use the back of a spoon to crush the sugar and break it up, turning the entire bowl a nice pink color.
 Roll the batter into small balls, about an inch in diameter, and roll them into the sugar.
 Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350. While they're in the oven, unwrap your Hershey kisses and put them in a bowl to make things go faster when they come out of the oven.
 As soon as they start to crack (or even slightly before) take them out of the oven and immediately push the Hershey kisses into the center.
 See, these were a bit over done and really cracked.
 But they still taste good!
Cute and easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment