Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY Cupcake or Cake Stands

Cupcake/cake stands are so easy to make yourself and can be so unique and cute. I saw these spiderweb plates and knew I wanted to make a Halloween cupcake stand. I'm always on the lookout for cheap plastic plates. Next I'm thinking I might try two cupcake plates. Do you think it would be an overdose of cupcakes or would it look cute?
All you need is two plates (plastic or glass) and a candle stick from the dollar store. They're literately only $1 (unlike so many other items at the DOLLAR store that aren't a DOLLAR!) but they're usually hidden with the candles and you have to hunt for them a bit. 
 All you have to do is hot-glue the candlestick to the center of the first plate plate (make sure you take the sticker off of the bottom of the candlestick). I used a lot of hot-glue and up close you can kind of see it, hence the weird shadows in the picture, but once you fill the stand with cupcakes or other treats no one will notice.
And then hot glue the second plate on top. I tried to line up my spiders but most plates you would just need to find the center. Wait for the hot-glue to dry and voila! You have a really cheap, easy, yet adorable cupcake stand to display your Halloween treats.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out so cute. I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete