Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Rice Crispies

This post if for my "favorite sister" Stephanie, who informed me today that it is NOVEMBER and Halloween was two weeks ago! (It's crazy how fast this year is going...) But these pumpkins are fall, right? And it's not technically winter until December, right? No?
Okay, I know these pumpkins are a hott mess. I made them with leftover rice crispies from the candy corn rice crispie treats and I just wanted to see how it would look. I only made a few (they were just for me). They aren't great, but you get the idea.
Now I could have made them look a lot better by either using orange candy melts instead of dying my own white chocolate coral. Instead of green white chocolate as the stem I could have used a rolo candy as a stem or a tootsie roll, or even a green M&M maybe. But hey, this was just an experiment using some leftover materials, so who cares, right?
Form rice crispies into pumpkin-like balls. I really just made a sphere with a dent in the top and bottom, it wasn't exactly a brilliant pumpkin sculpture by any stretch of the imagination.
But you get the idea, right?
Using a spoon I dipped the balls into the orange/white chocolate mixture and spooned excess on top of the balls to get a uniform, even coating.
Place on wax paper to dry.
I dyed white chocolate green using a GEL food coloring. I went ahead and microwaved it in a ziplock bag to make piping easier.
 
I also piped green white chocolate stems and tried to do a vine. It didn't work.
(FAIL.)
(I did these at the same time as the pumpkin pretzels, can you tell?)
Well, at least I tried. Better luck next time.
 No hate mail, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment