Wednesday, December 12, 2012

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

This white chocolate peanut butter popcorn is so easy to make and is seriously addictive!

 Over Thanksgiving my mom sent me home with a bunch of individual sized popcorn that she bought from some boyscouts at school (she's a 3rd grade teacher). Everyone knows that boyscout popcorn is always the best popcorn. I'm not sure what kind of magic secret (illegal??) ingredients are in that brown bag, but Mr. Orville Redenbocker himself has nothing on Camp Master Pop.
 Pop bag in the microwave according to package direction. NOTE: For individual popcorn bags, when they say microwave for 1 min 30 seconds to 2 minutes, they really mean "this bag of popcorn will immediately begin to burn after 55 seconds, causing smoke to fill your microwave and apartment."
 Seriously, I burnt the first bag so badly (in UNDER 1 min 30) that I had to rush it out to my balcony and leave the bag there overnight until I could throw it away in the dumpster. And I just want you to know that it was still popping. Ugh. So the second batch had a lot of kernels because I had to be overly careful. Try to make sure you get them all out because you'll assume that it's a clump of delicious white chocolate...up until the point that you break a tooth on the kernel. Not fun.
Once you have the de-kerneled popcorn, melt your white chocolate. I used about 1/4 of the bag of Hershey's white chocolate chips that I had used previously (making volleyball cupcakes and white chocolate saltine bark, naturally). To this I added a spoonful of peanut butter for some extra flavor.
 Mix the peanut butter and white chocolate until incorporated and then drizzle over the popcorn.
 
 
Continue to stir the popcorn until fully covered by the white chocolate.
And enjoy! This stuff is seriously addictive. It gives a really nice hint of sweetness to the buttery salty popcorn. I recommend making the individual popcorn pouches just so that you don't eat the entire batch in one sitting (seriously, it's that good. Plus popcorn is full of air and doesn't have calories right??).

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I see these recipes everywhere but I still have never made any. I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete