Monday, December 3, 2012

Zebra Cookies

These zebra cookies didn't quite turn out like I had wanted. I'm determined to revisit them at some point however, because I really do think they have potential.

They were yet another attempt at stenciling on cookies.  Unfortunately they were made from the same meringue marshmallow frosting base that didn't completely harden and left the cookies sticky.
Not quite what I was going for, but if I had used a normal royal icing and let it completely harden maybe they would be really cute?
Note to self: zebra print was MUCH easier on the big cookies. The little cookies really didn't turn out well at all for some reason.
I also experimented with a few other designs but they weren't really as prominent as the zebra (or nearly as cute). Once again, maybe another day I'll play around with what works and what doesn't. They definitely have potential, but these cookies just didn't quite cut it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment