Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Pink Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? Add some red food coloring and form them into hearts to elevate basic cookies into a gorgeous Valentine's Day treat


I love chocolate chip cookie dough. 
 I like to use the recipe on the back of the Hershey's chocolate packages, I'll post it for everyone in a few days.
Before adding the chocolate chips, add a few drops of red food coloring to dye the batter pink. 
 I like to use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet, it makes the cookies a bit richer.
 Add as much or as little as you'd like. I obviously like to add a lot...
 Drop the cookies onto a baking sheet on a slight angle (I used a sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and to ensure the cookies didn't stick to the pan at all). 
 Next, go back and add a second angular drop of batter in the opposite direction, forming a heart. Use a spoon to shape the cookies if necessary.
 I found it pretty easy to simply spoon the batter one way and then come back for a smaller, second slant to form the other half of the "heart". 
 Bake at 350.
 Yum!
The cookies will come out slightly browned, ruining the perfect pink color (oh well!). 
 But the hearts kept their shape fairly well.  
 Some a bit better than others... 
 But you still get the idea.
 Plus, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? They're the perfect gift for any Valentine.  
 Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


2 comments:

  1. They are sweet cookies! I wonder if they would be delicious with a little bit of frosting on top.....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I wish I would've thought of this!

    ReplyDelete